Saturday, October 13, 2012

Starting Over

Okay. Ouch! So it's been over a YEAR since I updated this blog. Umm, sorry!

A lot has happened in the past year so let's get up to speed eh?


We moved, as I mentioned. Living in the village has been okay. Occasional noise annoyances and sometimes it does feel like living in a fish bowl (no walking around the house naked anymore I can tell you!) but in general it's okay. Wouldn't do it for the rest of our lives but it works for now.

Speaking of the rest of our lives...myself and the Big Guy got engaged. We're getting married in 8 and a half weeks. Our date is December 12th:- 12/12/12 how awesome is that?? At 12:30 (sadly, 12pm was already booked...). I'll tell you more about that, and the new sorta direction for this blog, in a bit.

My Mum's been sick. She was diagnosed with breast cancer back in March this year and moved back to Ireland to stay with us during her treatment. She's doing really well and has come through chemo and surgery at this point. She has a few weeks to rest up and then she starts radiotherapy. That'll be the end of it for her then, she can move back out to her life in Spain and all she'll need is annual check-up's with the team here. YAY for progress in cancer treatment, but seriously, we still have so much more to learn, and so many more people to save.

I left college when a job opportunity presented itself because well, money, you know? Anyway, that job is finished now and I'm back to square one, no college, no job, applying for anything and trying to keep busy (hey look! blogging keeps me busy!). I'm hoping that I can get some part-time work and maybe sell stuff I've made, I REALLY don't want to end up long-term on the dole again...

Which brings me onto this blog. Well, all of my blogs. I have...6 (SIX!) blogs currently sprawled across the internet and I don't update them regularly. Solution? Keep it all to ONE blog. So house and crafts, food, exercise, TTC (that's Trying To Conceive i.e. baby-making for those that don't know) and wedding things will all be going on here from now on. This is a home/lifestyle blog and you know what? They're all things that go on in/happen in/are part of the average home so why not?

I also promise, I PROMISE, that I will do one hours work a day on this blog. That may not mean a post every day, it could just be noting down ideas for posts, sketching out drafts, but I will be here regularly from now on and this blog will be ACTIVE! Today will be a crazy day of updating stuff so please excuse the copious amounts of posts but I should settle into routine shortly and I really look forward to getting going properly with this blog.

Finally, and most importantly, I want to thank you. I want to thank you for reading this. I want to thank those of you who have followed my other blogs. Knowing that there is still activity on blogs I haven't updated in months, if not years, makes me want to do more, to share more, and to thank you from the bottom of my heart. Knowing that someone, anyone, takes time out of their day to read what I have to say humbles me beyond belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment