Saturday, October 13, 2012

Getting Hitched!

As I mentioned in Starting Over we are getting married and I will be adding wedding-related bits to the blog. Originally we were planning on an autumn 2013 wedding. Then we moved it forward to Summer 2013. The best laid plans eh?
A short while later my brother announced that he would be home from Australia for Christmas and then he's going back out...for THREE MORE YEARS. Well, that kinda changes things.

All along I have wanted him to be my Chief Bridesman/Dude of Awesome and I really didn't want to have to put him to the expense of having to fly back from Australia six months later so...we sat down, we worked out what was most important about the wedding day to us (family, good food) and we changed our date again!

So now we're getting married on December 12th, 2012, at 12:30pm (12/12/12 geddit?). Big Guy picked the date. I am wearing a not-wedding dress that just so happens so be kinda wedding-y and totally incredible and cost me next to nothing a few years ago. I'd always planned on wearing it somewhere nice, but never had anywhere quite nice enough, and now it's my wedding dress!

I bought shoes to match the colour of the sash on the dress and then I DIY'd them up a bit to make them a bit more magical for the day that's on it. I really should have shot a full tutorial but I didn't think if it at the time. I will add instructions and photos in a bit!

So it's going to be a very small family wedding, 25 people in all, meal in a gorgeous restaurant that I cannot recommend enough, the staff have been so kind and helpful and if you're ever in Cork City you should definitely drop in there and have a bite! After the meal we're heading back to our hotel (not 100% sure which one yet) and we'll be in the bar having some drinks and have extended an open invitation to everyone we know to join us. No presents, no fancy clothes, just their company and love.

I am SO excited about the day now. The next 8 weeks can't go fast enough (though not TOO fast please as we still have things to organise!)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah I really feel like we should print up a programme just so you can have the Dude of Awesome title in print. :-P

      Delete