3 white onions, finely chopped
about 450g cooked chicken meat
600ml chicken stock
1tbsp chopped fresh parsely
1tbsp chopped fresh thyme
salt and pepper
175ml double cream
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until slightly softened.
- Add the chicken, stock, and herbs, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly before liquidising.
- Return soup to pan and warm over a medium heat. Stir in the cream and cook for a further 2 minutes, then remove from the heat and serve, delicious with crusty bread rolls.