Butter, for greasing
125g white self-raising flour
100g wholemeal self-raising flour
150g demerara sugar
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 large over-ripe bananas, peeled
175ml unsweetened orange juice
2 eggs, beaten
4tbsp rapeseed oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4.. Lightly grease a 1lb loaf tin.
- Sift the flours, sugar, salt and spices into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl mash the bananas with the orange juice, then stir in the eggs and the oil. Pour the wet mix into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into the prepared loaf tin and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin.